- Appointments should be made in advance either online, in person or over the phone
- If you are over 15 minutes late you may not be seen
Online Appointment Booking
- You need to register for this service
- Once registered, you can book via systmonline, by clicking the link at the top of the page or using an app service
- These are for patients who feel they need urgent medical attention
- If needed please contact the practice as early as possible (ideally in the morning) during surgery hours
- We offer an emergency telephone triage service every morning. The doctor will contact you by telephone. Please call first thing in the morning for this service.
- A doctor and a nurse are available on a daily basis to answer phone calls from patients who need advice. Please speak to one of our reception staff to make an appointment
- The doctor can assess if you need a face to face appointment
Practice Nurse Appointments
- Practice Nurse clinics are held Monday to Friday:
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday 08:00 to 20:00
- Thursday and Friday 08:00 – 19:00
- Practice Nurses also hold triage clinics and all nurses can provide help and advice regarding:
- General Health Advice
- Child and Adult Immunisations
- Please note: Yellow Fever and Meningitis ACWY are chargeable vaccinations.
- Flu and Pneumonia protection
- Baby checks
- Contraceptive / Family Planning Advice
- Contraceptive Injections
- HRT Advice
- Hypertension (Blood Pressure) Management
- Cervical Screening
- Spirometry Screening (at Doctors request)
- Asthma Management
The Practice is a recognised Yellow Fever centre for non-registered patients.
Private Interview Room
A private interview room is available should you need to speak to a member of our reception team in private.
Leyton Healthcare is committed to providing a safe, comfortable environment where patients and staff can be confident that the best practice is being followed at all times and the safety of everyone is of paramount importance.
For most patients, respect, explanation, consent and privacy take precedence over the need for a chaperone. The presence of a third party does not negate the need for adequate explanation and courtesy and cannot provide full assurance that the procedure or examination is conducted appropriately.
All patients are entitled to have a chaperone present for any consultation, examination or procedure where they feel one is required.
Patients are advised to ask for a chaperone if required, at the time of booking an appointment, if possible, so that arrangements can be made and the appointment is not delayed in any way. The Healthcare Professional may also require a chaperone to be present for certain consultations.
Please ask the receptionist for a copy of our Chaperone Policy.
Did Not Attend Policy
Each month up to 400 appointments go to waste.
Should you be unable to attend or no longer need to attend, PLEASE, PLEASE, remember to cancel your appointment in good time so it can be offered to someone else. It is Practice policy to review the registration of Patients who continually fail to attend their appointments ultimately resulting in removal from the Practice list.