Clinics & Services
At the practice
A full Ante-natal and Post-natal service is provided by the doctors in conjunction with the community midwives. A Post-natal invite to see the doctor will be sent to you when due.
Baby Clinic (Well Baby)
A joint clinic is run between the practice nurse and doctor to run a Well-Baby Development check for 6-8 week old babies
- This is carried out by the nurse
- It is recommended that cervical smear tests are carried out as follows:
- Between the ages of 25 and 49 years – every three years
- Between the ages of 50 and 64 years – every five years
- Vaccinations are vital as they provides life-long protection against serious infectious and diseases, some of which can be fatal
- Your children will be sent appointments to attend sessions at the Surgery when they are due
- If you cannot attend, or miss a session please make another appointment with the Practice Nurse at a more convenient time
- Consider link to schedule
- Please ensure you remember to bring your child’s Red Book or other immunisations record when you attend for immunisation appointments.
Contraceptive Services & Family Planning Clinic
- A full range of contraceptive services are provided by the Practice
- Emergency contraception is available by appointment
- E-referrals is a service that allows you to choose your hospital or clinic and book an appointment with a specialist
- When you and your GP agree that you need to see a specialist you will be able to choose from a list of hospitals or clinics.
You will also be able to choose the date and time of your appointment https://refer.nhs.uk/login
Flu & Pneumococcal Vaccination
- If you meet the criteria you will be contacted to book an appointment
These vaccinations are recommended for patients over the age of 65, patients suffering with heart, lung, liver or kidney diseases, diabetes or residents of nursing homes
- Dr Rashid, is an accredited GPwSI in Minor Surgery and Dermatology
- A minor surgery clinic is run once a week, other GPs from the borough can refer their patients for this service Please note that this service is currently suspended due to the Covid 19 pandemic
- The practice hosts Specialist Dermatology Clinics and is supported by the Whipps Cross Hospital Consultant Dermatologist to offer the service throughout the Borough of Waltham Forest
- Dr Rashid is a GPwSI (GP with Special Interest in Dermatology) and holds 2 clinics a week
- A dermatology minor operations clinic is also held on a weekly basic
- If you plan to go abroad, please discuss your need for vaccination at least two months beforehand so the Practice Nurse can arrange a full course of immunisation.
Leyton Healthcare is a registered Yellow Fever Centre.
- In addition to the service being available to Practice patient, Leyton Healthcare also provides a service for non-registered patients. There is a charge for this vaccination. Details of charges and appointment availability are available by telephoning Reception on 0208 430 8282. More information about travel vaccinations can be found on the above Please note that this service is currently suspended due to the Covid 19 pandemic
Not available at the practice
Breast Screening (not done at the practice)
- The NHS National Breast Screening Programme provides free screening for breast cancer for all women over the age of 50
- Breast screening is offered to women aged 50 to their 71st birthday in England
- Over 71 years of age you can arrange an appointment by contacting your local screening
Sexual Health Screens
- You can self-refer to http://wftalkingtherapies.co.uk/
- Your doctor can also refer you to this service if appropriate.
- You can refer to a smoking cessation clinic via http://www.everyonehealth.co.uk/waltham-forest-council/stop-smoking/
- These clinics support you through the process and we work collaboratively with them after you have seen them
Specialist Diagnostic Clinics
Your GP will refer you if further diagnostic tests are indicated